Sunday 17 June 2007

Chelsea Degree Show

Whilst in London today I went over to see the degree show at Chelsea with Shail. It was very good, much smaller than I'd expected and I didn't see anything we couldn't do. I had a chat with the girl who organised the show and she said it had been very well attended at the private view. The whole degree show had quite a lot of visitors today (but location location - it's next door to Tate Britain and is well postered and signposted all along Millbank).

I have picked up a show brochure (or as the girl called it the 'Show Journal'). This is nicely put together, high gloss, fold out poster. There is information in there about all the students and includes excerpts from the blogging. I also picked up some of the business cards (every student has one). The portfolios were on a rack on the wall in yellow and green covers. All portfolios were numbered and this number corresponded to an exhibit. Very easy to see what was what. They had three flatscreen PC/Macs in the corner exhibiting some screen based work, and a large plasma for all moving image on a DVD loop.

I will post pictures later on today ...

No comments: