Tuesday 10 July 2007

Animation Storyboards - Your Feedback Needed :)

First of all, I apologise for using this forum for my own purposes but it seemed the most convenient way of reaching you :)

As some of you might already know, apart from my texture collaging in form of still images, I moved towards animation (seemed natural after some time spent on creating still imagery, although this whole pre-production stage is slowly driving me nuts ;)).

When the idea of developing an animation occured, I was asked to build a narrative around some of the images I had created and prepare storyboards. Now, for a person that can't draw, preparing 107 drawings is a torture, so you'll have turn a blind eye on their quality. I have uploaded them at http:// www.michalflorczak.net along with 10sec test animation and a form containing 5 questions. If I could steal few minutes of your time and ask you to have a look through the storyboards and leave some feedback (which is purely for my research purposes and is not published anywhere) I would be extremely grateful, and if asking or begging doesn't do the trick, I'll try to bribe you with a cup of coffee :))

I am trying to establish what is being communicated to the audience through that sequence of images (and I have to say it is more to do with emotions rather than a story in a traditional sense) and whether what you feel or get out of this equals my intentions. Once again, your help is much appreciated. I have to visit my tutor next Monday (16/07) with some feedback and I hope to gathered that through this makeshift website of mine and with your generous help.

Ps. On Juicy design - the fronts of A2, A3 posters are now ready, as well as A5 and DL flyers. I'm now waiting for James to get back to me with a map holding directions to Gosta Green and some other last bits and pieces.

1 comment:

Catharine A. Frediani said...

Micheal - Good to see that you finally got a hang of this blog thing! Not to discourage you, but you may get more response if you post this on the UCE MA VISCOMM BLOG that is linked to this one. You should have both invites, but Annerley can send you another to log on if needed. Its just that I don't know how often people log on to this show site unless we tell them that there is new news. Let me know if you need some guidance with the blog(s) and I'll have a look at your work and give some feedback after andrew's session this morning. Good luck!